1 a tapering point
2 shrewdness shown by keen insight [syn: insightfulness]
PronunciationIPA: WEAE /ˈæk.jə.mən/. Obsolete /ə.kjuˈmən/
- Quickness of perception or discernment; penetration of mind; the faculty of nice discrimination.
Arthur Conan Doyle in
The Adventure of the Missing Three-Quarter
- No, no, my dear Watson! With all respect for your natural acumen, I do not think that you are quite a match for the worthy doctor.
- 1991, Silence
Of The Lambs
- Hannibal Lecter: Why do you think he removes their skins, Agent Starling? Enthrall me with your acumen.
Acumen may refer to:
- Acumen Fund, a non-profit global venture fund
- Acumen Nation, an American rock music group
Acumen: Shrewdness shown by keen insight!
acuity, acuteness, apperception, astuteness, cogency, critical discernment, discernment, discrimination, farseeingness, farsightedness, flair, foresight, foresightedness, incisiveness, insight, judgment, keenness, longheadedness, longsightedness, penetration, perception, perceptiveness, percipience, perspicaciousness, perspicacity, perspicuity, perspicuousness, providence, sagaciousness, sagacity, sensibility, sharpness, shrewdness, trenchancy